30 µl polypropylene wells, skirted polycarbonate frame, cut corner A24; designed for use on standard thermal cyclers
Our FrameStar® 384 Well Skirted PCR Plates are designed for high-throughput PCR. They are compatible with the majority of 384 well block PCR, qPCR and sequencing instruments, and the rigid 2-component design eliminates warping and distortion during PCR making it ideal for use with robotic systems.
The skirt allows for labeling or barcoding.
- Recommended for low volume PCR
- Rigid polycarbonate frame adds to the mechanical stability of the plate - as a result, thermal expansion and sample evaporation is reduced significantly, leading to an improved consistency in PCR results
- Ultra-smooth, uniform, thin-walled polypropylene tubes for optimum PCR and real-time (RT-qPCR) results
- Improved seal integrity due to thermal stability of the frame
- Compatible with standard multichannel pipettes
- Ideal for use with robotic systems
- 30 µl working volume, 55 µl total well capacity
- Compatible with the majority of 384 well block PCR, qPCR and sequencing instruments
- Raised and color differentiated grid reference to aid well and sample identification
- Available barcoded
- 6 frame color options for the clear well variety - purple, blue, clear, green, red, and black
- Also available as a black frame with white wells (for optimum signal-to-noise ratio when using fluorescent-based assays); as a black frame with black wells (for minimal light diffusion and interference); and as a clear frame with frosted wells (see below)
Now Available - Frosted Wells for use with ABI®/Life Technologies® qPCR Instruments
While clear wells are the best for sample visibility and optical appeal, white wells increase the signal-to-noise ratio by maximising reflect of light in fluorescent based assays used in real-time PCR and qPCR. This leads to a better sensitivity and reproducibility from a wide range of qPCR instruments from most manufacturers.
However, white well PCR plates may lead to software related problems with ABI®/Life Technologies® cyclers. For this reason, the manufacturer recommends the use of plates with frosted wells as an alternative to white wells. Although the frosting does not provide the same sensitivity as white wells, readings are still considerably higher than those achieved with standard clear wells.
In response to this, 4titude® have developed a frosted well variety of the FrameStar® 384 well plate to offer ABI®/Life Technologies® instrument users the time and money-saving advantages of FrameStar®. And as the signal levels are directly comparable with ABI®/Life Technologies® plates, there's no need for users to recalibrate their instruments.
Frosted wells compared to clear wells
This plate is available with linear Code 128-format barcodes to aid identification and traceability of your samples. To order your plates with barcodes, simply add /SBC to the end of the ordering code for Standard Single Barcoding, /DBC for Standard Double Barcoding, /TBC for Standard Triple Barcoding, or /QBC for Standard Quadruple Barcoding.
“FrameStar® is covered by one or more of the following US patents or their foreign counterparts, owned by Eppendorf AG: US Patent Nos. 7,347, 977 and 6,340,589. FrameStar® is a registered trademark owned by 4titude®Ltd”